- Civilian Review Board Investigator Supervisor
The Office of Civil Rights & Wage Enforcement is seeking a Civilian Review Board Investigator Supervisor to manage the day-to-day administration of the Civilian Review Board.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (not inclusive):
- Supervises the work and activities of the Civilian Review Board Investigators.
- Reviews complaints and allegations to determine legal sufficiency and jurisdiction.
- Ensures Board investigations are thorough, independent and timely.
- Establishes policies, procedures and applicable law.
- When necessary, investigates complaints alleging the use of excessive force, harassment, abusive language, false arrest, and false imprisonment against the Baltimore City Police Department and other law enforcement units in the City.
- Reviews investigative reports to ensure all appropriate investigative steps have been taken, the facts of the case are comprehensive and clearly articulated, that the findings are consistent with the evidence gathered, and the analysis of the case is accurate and consistent with applicable law and policy.
- Collaborates with the Director, Deputy Director and/or Board to formulate and implement the organizational strategy.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (not inclusive):
Knowledge of Federal, State and local laws relating to proper investigative methods, techniques, and practices.
Knowledge of the operations, policies, and standards of law enforcement agencies.
Knowledge of the Law Enforcement Officer's Bill of Rights.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, law enforcement personnel and elected officials.
Ability to analyze and extrapolate the pertinent facts from various case information, data, testimony, records, evidence, and documents.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Ability to operate with tact and diplomacy.
Ability to write clear, detailed and factual case reports.
Skill in researching, investigating and gathering the pertinent facts on assigned cases.
Education and Experience Requirements:
A 4 year degree, preferred majors (Political Science, Criminal Justice, Sociology, etc.) A JD or Masters is desirable. Plus four years of work experience.
$68,562 - $109,554 Baltimore City Government offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, deferred compensation, paid leave and a retirement plan.
TO APPLY:Interested individuals should submit a detailed resume and cover letter which specifically addresses the experience relevant to this position via an online application. https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/baltimorecityThe City of Baltimore is An Equal Opportunity Employer
- City of Baltimore
7 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, Maryland, 21202
- 410 396-3869
- Apply here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/baltimorecity/jobs/2431413/civilian-review-board-investigator-supervisor-office-of-civil-rights-wage-enf/apply?keywords=civilian&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
- Civilian Review Board Openings:
- Mayor's Commission on Disabilities Openings: