Powers and Duties
The Commission is authorized to and shall have the power to:
- Formulate and carry out a comprehensive educational and action program designed to eliminate the payment of substandard wages to employees in the City of Baltimore.
- Receive, investigate, and take action as herein provided on all complaints of payment of less than the minimum wage required.
- Conduct such investigations on its own initiative as it deems proper to effectuate the compliance with wage laws.
- Monitor and assist in the fulfillment of any agreements negotiated with employers to affect their compliance with wage laws.
- Make appropriate findings as a result of any of its investigations.
- In carrying out its powers and duties, inspect payroll records of any business without prior notice.
- Enforce the provisions of the Displaced Workers Protection laws.
The powers of the Wage Commission are found in the Minimum Wage Law